These light and delicious miniature cheesecakes with fresh figs, honey and pistachios are perfect following a rich hearty main course. The cheesecake recipe can also be used to make one large cake, I just think the mini ones are more fun.
- 100g butter
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 600g soft cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 284ml double cream
For the topping
- Fresh figs
- Chopped pistachios
- Runny honey
- Mixed nuts
1. Start by preparing your rings. Line 8 rings with parchment.
2. Melt 100g butter in a bowl. Whilst the butter is melting, add 250g digestive biscuits to a food bag and bash with a rolling pin until you’ve got crumbs.
3. Add the crushed biscuits to the melted butter and stir. Add the base mixture to the bottom of the rings and press down firmly. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
4. Once the bases are firm, make your cheesecake mixture. Add 600g of soft cheese, 100g of icing sugar and seeds from 1 vanilla pod to a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add a 284ml pot of double cream and continue beating. Once combined, spoon the mixture into the rings. You may want to use a piping bag. Again, press the mixture down firmly to ensure there aren’t any air bubbles.
4. Chill in the fridge overnight
5. To make the topping, add a dollop of runny honey to the top of the cheesecakes. Finely slice your fresh figs and arrange. Dust with chopped pistachios and nuts.
6. Serve and enjoy!