We have an abundance of beautiful, bright pink rhubarb overtaking our allotment at the moment and as the days starts to get longer I couldn’t think of anything nicer than making our own rhubarb liqueur for those summer evenings to enhance a gin and tonic or to add to a cold glass of bubbles.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 60ml water
- 680g rhubarb
- 700ml cups vodka
- 120ml cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
How to make it:
- Bring the sugar and water to boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Allow it to cool.
- Coarsely chop your rhubarb into 1 inch chunks and add it into a large jar.
- Pour in the vodka, Grand Marnier and cooled syrup. Stir and leave in the jar for 2-3 weeks until the rhubarb has infused the liquid (turning upside down every few days).
- Strain liquid through a sieve to remove any solids.
Tip: Always sterilize glass jars or bottles before use.